SA Family Assessment (Court Appointed)

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Stepmumreeree

1 April 2020
Hi.
I am the partner of the applicant father in this matter.
To briefly explain the situation, the mother withheld the 2 young daughter for 3 months until we took her to court and got back 50/50 shared care.
It has been nothing short of a nightmare, and I am wondering what it is all for?
It seems since the original recovery of the girls a year ago, it has simply been affidavits after affidavits sent back and forth.
the mother in this case has made a lot of false allegations and has become particularly obsessed with the degeneration around myself. My partners lawyer have had me file an affidavit also to respond to the constant nonsense.
We recently had the family assessment report and I wondering what it is all for? Are they determining if shared care will continue or are they trying to determine if one parent should be the primary carer? This process is confusing as it seems so far it has been simply defending lies the other party makes up about us and no resolutions..?
What happens next? When will there be some sort of decision?

sammy01

27 September 2015
The family report will heavily influence the judge's decision. It might be they determine 50/50 isn't in the best interest of the kids because both parents are too pre-occupied with hurting each other rather than trying to raise the kids.

The report will have recomendations in it. So wait till you get the report and get back to us with the details

Stepmumreeree

1 April 2020
To be honest we always wanted 50/50 but the mother withheld the girls for 3 months and took them out of school for that time, we had to get a lawyer and go to court to get them back.
My partner is not trying to hurt the mother. This is all reactive for us. I have 2 sons and have excellent relationship with their father.
It’s impossible to co-parent with a woman whom is mentally abusing her own children.

sammy01

27 September 2015
It’s impossible to co-parent with a woman whom is mentally abusing her own children.

Oh well if that is your stance then you're stuffed. Sorry to be blunt. If you want 50/50 then you need to prove you can make it work for the kids.

Respectfully, maybe start your own thread and ask questions there.

gunnerzzzz

8 March 2020
Hi.
I am the partner of the applicant father in this matter.
To briefly explain the situation, the mother withheld the 2 young daughter for 3 months until we took her to court and got back 50/50 shared care.
It has been nothing short of a nightmare, and I am wondering what it is all for?
It seems since the original recovery of the girls a year ago, it has simply been affidavits after affidavits sent back and forth.
the mother in this case has made a lot of false allegations and has become particularly obsessed with the degeneration around myself. My partners lawyer have had me file an affidavit also to respond to the constant nonsense.
We recently had the family assessment report and I wondering what it is all for? Are they determining if shared care will continue or are they trying to determine if one parent should be the primary carer? This process is confusing as it seems so far it has been simply defending lies the other party makes up about us and no resolutions..?
What happens next? When will there be some sort of decision?

Yea... Family reports are tricky too. They have a lot of weight and quite frankly depending on the type, hold far more weight than they deserve.

I only had like an hour long interview with the assessor.

They don't fact check etc. the one I had didn't even take notes. Miss represented my statements completely.

I also had the misfortune of going second. The assessor even talked to the mother about what we discussed and put her opinions in on them in the report.

Didn't even touch base quickly with me equally after, could have pointed out numerous flaws in her proposals etc.

Has made legal aid impossible too, making everything harder, since "merit" isn't a measurable requirement, they can decide however they wish.

So basically whoever tells the best fictional story wins in high dispute cases.

I wish the legal advice I got beforehand told me that instead of be honest and think of the overall best interests.