WA False Information on Resume - Where to Report Fraud?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

DavidJones15

25 September 2017
I know a person very well who has no relevant qualification but took a job recently in a very high profile company as a lead. Now, I have all the information about his fraudulent activities. He came here from overseas and has been staying in Australia for 5 years.

While there are lot of qualified people on this industry looking for a job, he manipulated the total resume and got this position.

Could someone tell me what is the proper way under employment law to report this?

Will department of commerce handle this? or I need to go through the legal system ?

Many thanks in advance.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Report to the police and/or the business who hired him.

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
Unless you have been disadvantaged by this person I don't think you have a cause of action yourself.

DavidJones15

25 September 2017
Sorry for my late reply. Yes, I was disadvantaged by this person, as for this role, I was contacted first but with his dazzling false resume, he stood out and got the job.

Can I get legal help on this ground?

Thanks

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
Being contacted first is probably not enough. You'd probably need evidence showing you came second.

Speak with an employment lawyer to see might be possible.