False domestic violence towards the father

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Confusebunny

7 October 2017
The couple separated about 4 yrs ago, he hasnt seen or spoken to his kids in 2 years, he initiated a mediation but she refused, tried calling them everyday but she blocked his number. Now that shes going for property settlement she said the reason she hasnt let him see the kids is because of a domestic violence which he disproved by police report stating that she is the aggressor and he is the victim.

What can he do to get access to his children again?

sammy01

27 September 2015
apply for mediation again.
When that fails get back to us... He will have to apply to court. It ain't as bad as it seems... BUT gee he has waited way too long... NOT GOOD... But even with that I'd still encourage him to put the effort into resuming access... The legal system is scary. BUT it will work more for him than her if he is smart

Clayton1508

28 December 2022
The couple separated about 4 yrs ago, he hasnt seen or spoken to his kids in 2 years, he initiated a mediation but she refused, tried calling them everyday but she blocked his number. Now that shes going for property settlement she said the reason she hasnt let him see the kids is because of a domestic violence which he disproved by police report stating that she is the aggressor and he is the victim.

What can he do to get access to his children
hi my name is clayton Louise .i am in a similar situation as u .i move to Australia Melbourne in 2017 on a 457 visa at the time .my wife played me and used me she was on dating sites and i caught her.in Australia the law sucks cause yes i did get angry and yes i said a few words and no i did not touch her.i did say to her i will canceled our visa and we will go home i heard her mother tell her to go to the police and she did i was removed from my home and i did leave Australia aft er 1 year separate i had to go to get a lawer to call my kides and she is brain washing them .now she saying i abandoned them when they left me and went to Brisbane i had no home because of her .she is doing this for a visa.i canceled the visa and she wants me to say i abandon them when i didn't .she need s to be deported because she is lie.when i call my kides its 3 days a week most times she makes excuses so i don't call how can i stop her