NSW False Child Support claims

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Trying68

29 March 2017
Tamworth
I phoned child support today to find that my ex told child support that we separated 4 wks earlier than what we had i have a mountain of proof to proov her wrong .i was asked if i knew what payments from centrelink she was recieving ,i didnt have any idea realy i knew she got some money for 4 kids once a fortnight as the amount no clue .i was informed that she claimed that we separated for 6 months previouse year collected the pension .i like to know where i stand in all this ?

Lance

31 October 2015
Yeah I understand. That's the risk of shared parenting. You could always tell her that you know she has claimed illegally but you wont tell if she remains civil. Might be a good way to keep her honest.

Trying68

29 March 2017
Tamworth
Yeah I understand. That's the risk of shared parenting. You could always tell her that you know she has claimed illegally but you wont tell if she remains civil. Might be a good way to keep her honest.
That would be best way i not sure but C S drilled me if i knew what centrelink payments she received as i cannot contact her at all i feel that i have risk no matter what way.you cannot trust that justice will be served at all.maybe out of my control.

Trying68

29 March 2017
Tamworth
I really dont know how these people can come up with so many ways to screw you .it would do my head in thinking about it

Lance

31 October 2015
Look, in a lot of ways it is out of your control. The Department can ask all they want but any information you gave them would be speculation. I would tell them to do their own investigation. They may have been testing you to see if you were actually still together and claiming child support illegally.

Trying68

29 March 2017
Tamworth
Look, in a lot of ways it is out of your control. The Department can ask all they want but any information you gave them would be speculation. I would tell them to do their own investigation. They may have been testing you to see if you were actually still together and claiming child support illegally.
That is possible for sure after somebof the posts on here i wouldnt put anything past them.cheers lance appreciate your input