False Accusation - Criminal Cause for Concern?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Wolverine

9 December 2014
Hi. I need assistance and I will explain the whole conversation. I have back pain so texted a massage therapist as it said text for appointment on her web page.

Hi are you free at all today

Yes

Ok what time suits

Anytime today

Ok how about 30mins

No I'm busy then.

Ok how ever you did just say anytime all good though

My life doesn't revolve around you

Ok not sure why you are pissed I was just pointing out you said anytime if this wasn't the see you should have just said busy till after this time however not a big deal don't worry about it

I'm going to escalate this further

Sorry if I offended you wasn't my intention haven a great day.

End off on versatile no further contact.

Is there any reason for me to be concerned? I don't believe I've done anything wrong and if she did go to the police would they be knocking on my door over this for nothing. Stressed out over this and this is 100% the only interaction and discussion.
Thanks in advance.

S

Sophea

What exactly has she accused you of? I can't see anything there that could be construed as any criminal or civil wrong.

Wolverine

9 December 2014
Thanks I thought the same thing didn't quite understand it myself so thought I'd ask and see if anyone thought there was something I was missing. Appears not, she didn't say anything other than what I wrote so maybe it was a scare tactic or something anyway simple solution I'll go elsewhere. Thanks for the response

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney

Sarah J

16 July 2014
Melbourne, Victoria
Hi Wolverine,

Like the others and yourself, I am confused as to what she is, or could possibly be, accusing you of.

Just based on that conversation, I do not believe you have anything to be worried about. Perhaps it was miscommunication of the text messages, but she has no grounds legally to escalate further. "Escalation" is an ambiguous term and perhaps she meant blocking your number or flagging you on their business client list or some other internal action. No police would be involved just based on that conversation.