WA Failure to comply with court orders

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Emily97

24 July 2020
If an ex partner was court ordered and strongly recommended to complete anger management program before spending time with a child (as result of being convicted of assault on the mother) and hasn’t complied with these orders forthwith or at all.

Are you within your rights to deny access through court ordered supervised visits?

sammy01

27 September 2015
write the orders here. See my problem is with " If an ex partner was court ordered and strongly recommended"
which one is it? 'ordered' or 'recommened'.
And does the order say something like - if ex doesn't complete tthe course by XXXX then visitation stops. I'm thinking it doesn't. So without reading the actual orders (names redacted) my opinion would be NOPE you've gotta follow the orders and provide access. It is up to the courts do tell you what to do.
But I'd like to read the orders to clarify.

Atticus

6 February 2019
Are you within your rights to deny access through court ordered supervised visits?
Short answer ... NO, Especially since the visits are supervised anyway .. Non compliance with part of an order is NOT a justification for further non compliance..

Being supervised visits, I'm assuming that these orders are interim? .... If the other parent does not attend any ordered course/s, then it's the court that will decide how that should affect final orders, not you .