QLD F8A employer response - General Protection

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Poidah

9 November 2017
Qld
What is the legal standing or admissibility of the employer's F8A formal response for Federal court?
The employer representative has now blatantly contradicted their F8A written response in conciliation (I know conciliation material is not admissible), but now I am worried that their Federal court defence will be totally different from their Fair Work material. I just realised that the F8A form was signed by the employer's industry representative instead of the employer or the person in the F8A. I know this FWC process is somewhat informal, but I would like to improve the odds and get a firmer understanding.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Submit it as an exhibit to an affidavit or refer to it in your pleadings.

Jenny453

8 December 2020
From my understanding of the process which is basic the 8A response is attached with your initial application and certificate. I am sure the court would take it into consideration in determining the case but at at the end of the day there if there is an actual breach or not is really at question, prepare for and response. Not a lawyer, just going through the steps myself.