Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Hoping

16 February 2017
Hi,

My son split up with his ex quite a few months ago. He removed his children after finding they were being exposed to ice, the people dealing it hanging around, and ice hidden in their toys. He has refused access to the children until she is off the drugs and not hanging around the dealers and low lives.

There is no custody of children in place, as he's been told it's very expensive and still has to deal with paying her out her share of house.

He has been stalked, harassed, set up, abused and there were many reports to police who are well aware of her. She is very calculating, vindictive and will go to any length to discredit him. Even going as far as taking him to court for domestic violence and child abuse, which is untrue.

He doesn't want his children in her environment. The worse part is he was suffering from domestic abuse and as far as any help goes, he's a bloke, so there is hardly any. He has been to Relationships Australia, done courses for his children on how to deal with breakups, support groups and mediation as well as DOCs.

She has contacted Domestic Violence support. Rung DOCs once and is now applying to the Federal Circuit Court without the proper steps taken. It is taking its toll on our family being followed, lied about, Facebook nastiness - you name it. She's done it, including putting tears on for the appropriate legals.

She has 2 AVOs on her now, with a 3rd pending and goes to court for a couple of breaches soon. We are at wits end as we are dealing with a narcissistic junkie.

There seems to be no real help out there for him to protect his children from her wicked ways. Fulltime custody is out of the question right now as he is paying out so much to courts against her lies, as well as property settlement of the house which I mentioned earlier.

At the end of the day, she's coming up with anything she can to get him in jail so she can take the house and kids. He did pay for the house out of his compensation. She's on the deed and he is stuck paying her car off.

She doesn't really want the kids but to get the house it's a bonus for her to have them.

We love them dearly and have been doing our utmost to protect them. Our stress levels are maxed out. What are our chances..and who out there can help?

We don't know what to do anymore.

Thanks in advance for any kick in the right direction..:/

sammy01

27 September 2015
Where are the kids? Who are they living with? Who has AVOs against who? Sorry, your post is a bit confusing.

So her car? Stop paying for it... If it is registered in his name go to the care rego office and cancel the rego.

Hoping

16 February 2017
Hi Sammy.

Sorry, he removed the children and has them after he found paraphenalia.There is no custody in place yet due to the cost and what things have cost him so far. She made sure she registered the car in her name before the relationship finished and the loan is in his name so he will be still paying for another 2 years.

She only wants the kids to get more of a share in the house as she's greedy.

Right now, she's falsely going to take him to court for domestic violence, so if he's out of the way she gets what she wants. The narcissism in her is off this planet.

We also find there's no support out there for men. She got drug tested 5 weeks ago and our solicitor handed over the letter to hers with the closed results...Still waiting for an answer that won't come.

The father who has the children has refused to let them near her due to her drug use and the junkies she hangs with. He's protecting them but she says it's child abuse not to let her see them.

Hoping

16 February 2017
There is an AVO against each other. At the moment, she has 2 AVOs with a 3rd pending plus 2 breaches coming up in court.

sammy01

27 September 2015
What do you mean "she has 2 AVO's with a 3rd pending"?

Stop paying the car loan. Easy.

Refuse her access to the kids until she has 3 months clean drug tests.

MartyK

4 June 2016
She has contacted Domestic Violence support. Rung DOCs once and is now applying to the Federal Circuit Court without the proper steps taken.

Hoping said:
There is an avo against each other

You have said that both parents have violence orders against the other. You can make an application to the Federal Circuit Court without attending mediation in such circumstances. Although you do state your son has been to Relationships Australia. Was this for mediation?

Is this application for both parenting matters and property settlement?

Hoping said:
with a 3rd pending and goes to court for a couple of breaches soon.

Who exactly breached their violence order? They both have one. Him or her?

Hoping said:
Full time custody is out of the question right now as he is paying out so much to courts against her lies, as well as property settlement of the house which I mentioned earlier.

From all of the information you have provided (not only that which I have quoted here) it appears that the circumstances for both parents in this situation is very messy to say the least.

You said reports have been made to DOC's. Are DOC's involved with the family?

If the matter is already in Court (Property? Children's matters? And DVO breaches?) then withholding the child would not be the best approach for your son to take at this time in my view.

Has your son sought some form of legal advice?

Is the mother represented?

Trying68

29 March 2017
Tamworth
G'day

I have only recently started using this site. What an eyeopener it has been to say the least.

I have 2 AVO against me. The ex then varied it & the day. I go to court, varied it again that same morning. Not one part of her allegations are close to the truth. I can't get over how many men go through this.

I can't imagine how these manipulating liars keep doing this. They don't have any proof, just verbal accusations and the police take their word for it. I think they should prove that what they say if a partner has no obvious signs of physical violence.

Instead they place us under arrest, we have a battle on to see our kids.