QLD Ex Not Complying with Requested Drugs and Alcohol Screening?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Mumof2

26 August 2015
I have requested drugs and alcohol screening to be done from my ex. He has claimed he is on holiday and will do it upon return. Is this reasonable of him? Or should I be saying it's a breach as results were not given when requested.

How should I proceed with this matter under Family Law?

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Are there parenting orders that require this? What do the orders say?

As a general rule, I would argue you're just looking for something to complain about. If he doesn't do it at all and there are orders requiring him to do so, then you might have grounds. If he does it a week later than anticipated, so what? Is it worth wasting money on a lawyer over?

That's the view I think the court would have, anyway.

Mumof2

26 August 2015
Yes, the orders are made by consent and to take a test a week later would not be a random test, it would make it organised, defeating the purpose of the orders for random testing.

Reactions: Sarez

AllForHer

23 July 2014
I understand that, but in those circumstances, why not wait a few weeks instead and then request another random test? It's important to be reasonable about your expectations, particularly since these are orders by consent.