NSW Ex lied in AVO case but now wants to tell truth

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

MrWoof

16 January 2017
Long story short, my ex lied to save face with her then boyfriend because her and I were seeing each other behind his back.

I went to court armed with evidence to refute everything she claimed in her police report however wasn’t prepared for all the additional questions the police prosecutor asked her. I had evidence to refute the new claims as well however didn’t print them and I wasn’t allowed to submit them later when I was in the witness box. I was ultimately convicted and the interim AVO made final and I was placed on a two year good behaviour bond.

I refuse to be charged for things I didn’t do and lodged an appeal which is in a few weeks.

My ex has since come clean to me and others about her lying but won’t say anything to police because she’s afraid she’ll be charged and lose her job.

I don’t really want her arrested and seeing as mental health issues have played a part; I’m not even angry at her.

Whether via the police prosecutor, the original magistrate or otherwise; is there a way that this can all be resolved without the need to appeal it in court?

Much appreciated

MrWoof

16 January 2017
Thanks Sammy, and sorry for the late reply.

So as it stands, I’m not eligible for legal aid and being left to take care of the family and expenses alone has drained me of all money so I’m looking at the sh1tfight of representing myself. Would me producing copies of confessions along with all the evidence that I didn’t produce during the initial hearing be my only option? Is there a way that the matter can be done and over with by approaching the DPP for example on the day or am I looking at seeing the entire process through to the end?

MrWoof

16 January 2017
Latest development: ex is willing to testify in court that she lied. Can I introduce her as a witness at my appeal?