NSW Ex- Girlfriend takes out AVO then Wife Does Same

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Brokendown

17 January 2018
Sydney
Hi All,

In a nutshell had a girlfriend that had issues and constantly threatened me with AVOs and ruining my family law matter that was still running.

I had enough of the poor treatment and broke up with her and the next day she obtains an AVO on me without me being given an opportunity to show evidence that she threatens me non stop with violence.

3 weeks later I receive another AVO from my ex wife who I've not gone near or spoken to in 2.5 years.

My ex wife magically attended the same police station as my ex girlfriend and saw the same officer and has provided a statement saying she fears her safety because.

She included a report from a family reporter and says I'm a liar and manipulator yet the report says that about her and has a court order stating that no party is to share the document.

In addition she tells the family court she wants to retain the matrimonial home but to police she says she wants an avo till the house is sold.

There a history of charges and avos from the ex wife and none went through as she was caught lying every time and the reason I left her is because I found out she has a personality disorder.

Can anyone advise if action can be taken against my ex girlfriend for informing my ex wife about the avo?

Atticus

6 February 2019
Can anyone advise if action can be taken against my ex girlfriend for informing my ex wife about the avo?
understand your upset, but action for what exactly?... It's not against any law that I'm aware of for a protected person to inform other people about the existence of an AVO