Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised and confidential legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

VIC Ex-Girlfriend on Drugs Spreading Serious Rumours - What to Do?

Discussion in 'Criminal Law Forum' started by ArkhamKnight, 20 June 2016.

Tags:
  1. ArkhamKnight

ArkhamKnight Member

How are we all?

So this will be a long question.

I work for a large company where I met my ex-girlfriend. We were together 4 years. We broke up because of her drug use. After a few days, when she relished I wasn't coming back she started spreading rumors about me with mutual friends from work. The first two rumors were actually funny but the last two have become serious.

1- I'm a secret government spy (like wtf)
    2- I threatened to bankrupt her dad with my secret government spy powers (again wtf).
    3- I was physically violent to her. (I never hit her plus she threatened me with that last time I tried to break up with her)
    4- I threatened her 2-year-old half-sister (that never happened).

So I got told by bosses at work that HR can't really do anything about it. So I was thinking about going to the police and telling them everything about the drugs and rumors everything.

Will they actually be able to do anything?

2. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

It is unlikely the police will do anything to help you.

You probably should send her a 'cease and desist' letter. You can DIY, but it will have more impact if it comes from a solicitor.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ArkhamKnight

ArkhamKnight Member

Well, I was kind of hoping that because she always has weed, xtcz, large mdma and large speed that they might actually do something

4. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

If she has commercial quantities they will be interested. Not much for them to get excited about if drugs are solely for personal use.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...