VIC Ex-Girlfriend on Drugs Spreading Serious Rumours - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

ArkhamKnight

20 June 2016
How are we all?

So this will be a long question.

I work for a large company where I met my ex-girlfriend. We were together 4 years. We broke up because of her drug use. After a few days, when she relished I wasn't coming back she started spreading rumors about me with mutual friends from work. The first two rumors were actually funny but the last two have become serious.

1- I'm a secret government spy (like wtf)
2- I threatened to bankrupt her dad with my secret government spy powers (again wtf).
3- I was physically violent to her. (I never hit her plus she threatened me with that last time I tried to break up with her)
4- I threatened her 2-year-old half-sister (that never happened).

So I got told by bosses at work that HR can't really do anything about it. So I was thinking about going to the police and telling them everything about the drugs and rumors everything.

Will they actually be able to do anything?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
It is unlikely the police will do anything to help you.

You probably should send her a 'cease and desist' letter. You can DIY, but it will have more impact if it comes from a solicitor.

ArkhamKnight

20 June 2016
It is unlikely the police will do anything to help you.

You probably should send her a 'cease and desist' letter. You can DIY, but it will have more impact if it comes from a solicitor.

Well, I was kind of hoping that because she always has weed, xtcz, large mdma and large speed that they might actually do something

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
If she has commercial quantities they will be interested. Not much for them to get excited about if drugs are solely for personal use.