LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

VIC Ex-Girlfriend on Drugs Spreading Serious Rumours - What to Do?

Discussion in 'Criminal Law Forum' started by ArkhamKnight, 20 June 2016.

Tags:
  1. ArkhamKnight

ArkhamKnight Member

How are we all?

So this will be a long question.

I work for a large company where I met my ex-girlfriend. We were together 4 years. We broke up because of her drug use. After a few days, when she relished I wasn't coming back she started spreading rumors about me with mutual friends from work. The first two rumors were actually funny but the last two have become serious.

1- I'm a secret government spy (like wtf)
    2- I threatened to bankrupt her dad with my secret government spy powers (again wtf).
    3- I was physically violent to her. (I never hit her plus she threatened me with that last time I tried to break up with her)
    4- I threatened her 2-year-old half-sister (that never happened).

So I got told by bosses at work that HR can't really do anything about it. So I was thinking about going to the police and telling them everything about the drugs and rumors everything.

Will they actually be able to do anything?

2. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

It is unlikely the police will do anything to help you.

You probably should send her a 'cease and desist' letter. You can DIY, but it will have more impact if it comes from a solicitor.

3. ArkhamKnight

ArkhamKnight Member

Well, I was kind of hoping that because she always has weed, xtcz, large mdma and large speed that they might actually do something

4. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

If she has commercial quantities they will be interested. Not much for them to get excited about if drugs are solely for personal use.