Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

WA Ex Friend Demanding Money for Housesitting and Looking After Pets

Discussion in 'Other/General Law Forum' started by lorraine edmonds, 1 May 2015.

Tags:
  1. lorraine edmonds

I recently moved house and a friend helped me and also stayed at my home while I went on holidays, looking after my pets. We have since ended the friendship and she is now demanding $500 for her help. Does she have a right to this money

2. AllForHer

AllForHer Well-Known Member

Nope.

If the $500 payment didn't form a term of the agreement before it was carried out, you're not liable to pay it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lorraine edmonds

Thank you. I was fairly sure that was the case. I have since changed my phone number so she cannot contact me via phone. I live 90 mins from her, so unless she travels I hoping for no more contact.

4. Sophea

Sophea Well-Known Member

I agree, unless it was arranged prior to the favours being done that she would be compensated $500 for it, she doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...