QLD Ex Filing Interim Orders - What Does it Mean?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

nat 2015

8 February 2017
Hi

My ex has informed me he is filing an interim order in regards to our 17-month-old daughter. Mediation didn't go ahead as they had time limits and it was 3 months. He missed 2 appointments and I received a phone call to say that I can reapply in another 3 months, and that my file is closed. Does that mean he got the certificate?

There is a 12-month domestic violence order against him. How does that come into it with regards to family court matters? The children are listed on the order as they have been exposed to DV.

i am looking for some help and if anyone else has been through this.

457Visafraud

16 April 2017
My ex has informed me he is filing an interim order in regards to our 17 month old daughter
Why worry about something your ex said he would do?

Did you receive an interim order? If so, once you get it read carefully its content. If not, just ignore him and start recording your conversations or at least bring an agenda and take notes in front of him.

Blessing

20 April 2017
Sydney NSW
interim orders are just temporary orders while you wait for final orders?

Who started the mediation and who did not attend the mediation? that will decide who gets the certificate.

as for DVO, are the children listed as protected persons? what does the DVO require him to do and not do?

nat 2015

8 February 2017
Why worrying about something your ex said he would do?
Did you receive an interim order? If so, once you get it read carefully its content, if not, just ignore him and start recording your conversations or at least bring an agenda and take notes in front of him.
No I haven't received it he has stated that his lawyer is sending me a letter about more time with the baby and if I don't do it I could be in trouble with family court, am I allowed to record cause he told me that's against the law

nat 2015

8 February 2017
interim orders are just temporary orders while you wait for final orders?

Who started the mediation and who did not attend the mediation? that will decide who gets the certificate.

as for DVO, are the children listed as protected persons? what does the DVO require him to do and not do?
I started the mediation I attended all my sessions the children are listed on dvo all it states is he has to be off good behaviour towards the children he is only to communicate with me in regards to the children, he has cut off contact and taken there phones and said if I want to talk or text the children I have to go thru him and our 20 yr old daughter,he hasn't given me a reason at all why he has chosen to do this

sammy01

27 September 2015
So people often don't do so well under pressure. Clearly you're both under pressure. Things get mis-understood, confused messed up. Do you let the kids contact him when they are with you? So firstly, how much time does he have with the child? is it only when it suits you? if so do you see how that might be upsetting?

Look he might be getting a solicitor to write to you. Good - if that happens write back. Be nice, seek help from here first.

nat 2015

8 February 2017
Yes tell me about pressure, I 100% do encourage them. They are 13 and 14 - sometimes they don't want to and I do force the issue as I have explained to them the importance of that. With the baby, he gets about 3 days a week and that is not consistent and it's an hour and a half at a time.

This was the recommendation by a lawyer and every time I have gone to build it up, he changes his mind so it doesn't suit him, while at the moment I am a stay at home mum and probably should be more flexible to suit his needs, do I sit around and wait?

I am a bit bitter with this man and I guess my expectations might be a little high, and for him to expect to go 50/50 with her straight away seems not in her best interests but his

Blessing

20 April 2017
Sydney NSW
The DVO doesn't stop him seeing the children and speaking to them so there's no reason he shouldn't. Stay calm and know as much as you can so he doesn't confuse you and what previous poster said, be nice towards him and his lawyers, don't be too much on the defensive.

Don't stress yourself and take things as they come.

nat 2015

8 February 2017
the DVO doesn't stop him seeing the children and speaking to them so there's no reason he shouldn't. Stay calm and know as much as you can so he doesn't confuse you and what previous poster said, be nice towards him and his lawyers, dont be too much on the defensive.

Don't stress yourself and take things as they come.
Thank you I appreciate it, I am just scared of the process

457Visafraud

16 April 2017
Thank you I appreciate it, I am just scared of the process
If you know you did nothing wrong and you followed previously agreed arrangements, then you have nothing to worry about.
He is trying to scare you, as I said it's time you start taking notes in front of him and say you'll use these notes in a Court hearing.