NSW Ex didn't File Response to Initial Application - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Darren barrett

7 June 2015
My ex-partner has not filed a response to the initial application that I have served her solicitor with. I go to family law court on Tuesday next week. I handed them the papers 4 weeks ago. What is likely to happen in court?

I haven't seen my son in 5 weeks. Am I going to miss out seeing him again for another few months because they are dragging out the process?

AllForHer

23 July 2014
It's impossible to predict, but the court tries to implement interim orders as quickly as possible in family law proceedings. Have you filed for interim orders?

Darren barrett

7 June 2015
Y
It's impossible to predict, but the court tries to implement interim orders as quickly as possible in family law proceedings. Have you filed for interim orders?
es
yes I have filed for interim orders

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Then there's a decent chance the court will implement some interim orders at first mention, particularly as you have not spent time with your son for several weeks. Hopefully, this is what comes to fruition.