VIC Ex changing lawyer before hearing

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Muxaul

10 October 2017
Due to ex disagreeing family report without any reasonable excuse, we have to go through additional hearing. Therefore she managed to keep the status quo for several months longer at least until the next hearing comes. Finally the next hearing is near, and my ex is now changing her lawyer at the last minute.

Will the coming hearing be delayed because of her move? What options do I have now?

sammy01

27 September 2015
It shouldn't cause a delay. It should give you confidence. Lawyer shopping, when you don't like the advice, find a new lawyer... Not a great strategy in dealing with the reality of the situation

Muxaul

10 October 2017
It shouldn't cause a delay. It should give you confidence. Lawyer shopping, when you don't like the advice, find a new lawyer... Not a great strategy in dealing with the reality of the situation
Thanks Mate as always. Can her new lawyer delays the hearing by requesting court to give more time in order to keep up the case and file proper respond?

sammy01

27 September 2015
what does the family report recommend? how does it compare to what you're asking for?

She can ask for an adjournment but it is a huge gamble on her part... Chance of the adjournment getting approved? no idea. 50/50?

Muxaul

10 October 2017
what does the family report recommend? how does it compare to what you're asking for?

She can ask for an adjournment but it is a huge gamble on her part... Chance of the adjournment getting approved? no idea. 50/50?
I'm asking for exactly what the report recommends. She's contesting it without being able to provide any valid reason.