VIC Ex and His Partner are Abusive - Claim Custody of Children?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Grace1991van

13 May 2016
I just got out of a 9-year bad relationship and my ex keeps abusing me over the phone and threatening to take my son off me because he's angry. He never treated me or my son right and now he has a new GF whom is an abuser on social media to loads of people and she is just a nasty woman. He says I have no control of who he lets my son meet and I honest to god don't want my son around people like that.

My ex is heavily on weed and ice and everything else. I was just wondering if I can go for custody of children? I have photos of his weed crap. I just need help, please

AllForHer

23 July 2014
What's the age of the child? What are the current care arrangements for the child?

Grace1991van

13 May 2016
My son is 8 in 1 month and I'm living with my parents until I can get my own place since I only moved out of my ex's house couple days ago

AllForHer

23 July 2014
What are the care arrangements for the child in relation to the father, I mean. How often is he currently seeing the father? Is he seeing him at all?