LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

VIC Ex and His Partner are Abusive - Claim Custody of Children?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Grace1991van, 13 May 2016.

1. Grace1991van

Grace1991van Member

I just got out of a 9-year bad relationship and my ex keeps abusing me over the phone and threatening to take my son off me because he's angry. He never treated me or my son right and now he has a new GF whom is an abuser on social media to loads of people and she is just a nasty woman. He says I have no control of who he lets my son meet and I honest to god don't want my son around people like that.

My ex is heavily on weed and ice and everything else. I was just wondering if I can go for custody of children? I have photos of his weed crap. I just need help, please

2. AllForHer

AllForHer Well-Known Member

What's the age of the child? What are the current care arrangements for the child?

3. Grace1991van

Grace1991van Member

My son is 8 in 1 month and I'm living with my parents until I can get my own place since I only moved out of my ex's house couple days ago

4. AllForHer

AllForHer Well-Known Member

What are the care arrangements for the child in relation to the father, I mean. How often is he currently seeing the father? Is he seeing him at all?