NSW Evidence to Present in Federal Circuit Court?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

mum2many

1 August 2016
I have received a Trial Affidvait in preparation for our Federal Circuit Court hearing coming up.

1. How do I apply for leave to the family court to have some extra time to prepare mine?

2. Ex has included illegible screenshots of our son''s text/ Facebook messages that he has obtained without our son's consent (he is 16 if that matters). Firstly, you can barely read them and second he got them without his permission. Is that legal, if not how do I challenge that?

3. My ex has quoted conversations from 8 years ago. I can't even remember, not sure how he can! Is that legal?

4. I am not sure when it comes to lots of character assassinations/allegations that are clearly not true. Do I respond to the point he has made in his trial affidavit or just stick to my own evidence?

** Any links to documents examples for files preparing for hearing if anyone has any links would be appreciated.

Thanks

sammy01

27 September 2015
I wouldn't respond to anything unless it is relevant. Don't get into a he said / she said debacle

mum2many

1 August 2016
Yes, that is what I thought. It's very hard to not defend every ridiculous comment. Restraint is difficult but I want to remain professional and go about things the right way.

Thanks

SamanthaJay

4 July 2016
It sounds like a sloppy typo to me. He would have had to produce the marriage certificate to apply for the divorce. I've only been in the Federal Law Court system for less than 6 months now and I'm astounded at the mistakes so far in the Court docs. Names and dates. Spelling and getting the names around the wrong way.