QLD Estranged wife has told clients about DVO

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

JHL

24 March 2018
My estranged wife and former business partner has recently told clients, who we used to work with together, but who now only work with me, about the DVO. I know this because the clients told me she told them.

Is she allowed to do this?

We are both under instruction to not interfere with each other's work, but even if we weren't can she just publicise this information

AllForHer

23 July 2014
She can, but mate, remember that what Sally says about Susie says more about Sally than it does about Susie. If your clients' relationship is with you, there's a pretty good chance it's your ex who is going to look a bit crazy.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Mate yes she can... Why? (depending on what is in the AVO) if you contact her and tell her to stop, you could be in breach of the avo and if she took the communication to the cops they could have you arrested...

JHL

24 March 2018
Mate yes she can... Why? (depending on what is in the AVO) if you contact her and tell her to stop, you could be in breach of the avo and if she took the communication to the cops they could have you arrested...
I never contact her. Its been quite lovely. She told one of my clients who apparently went her hard for doing so. Client then rang me to say she felt like exey was testing the waters. Client said it was unlikely she'd do it again soom. I am confident she will however. So she can go around and tell whoever she wants? Wow, I guess she has to publicise her fictions stories somehow. Thanks for your replies

JHL

24 March 2018
She can, but mate, remember that what Sally says about Susie says more about Sally than it does about Susie. If your clients' relationship is with you, there's a pretty good chance it's your ex who is going to look a bit crazy.
Yeah, it seemed to pan out that way. Client was angry at her. There are separate orders in place with the family court saying we are not to interfere with each others businesses. I am thinking this counts as interferes.