NSW EPA

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Cozzapa@gmail

30 July 2020
I received a letter from EPA in March regarding my car being noisy from a few complaints from a neighbour
I had the cars exhaust system checked at an RT A approved centre came back at 93 which was 3 above the Recommended level
I had an adjustment made to the muffler system and had the test redone at the same RTA centre and it came back at 86 which is 4 below the recommended level
I sent all relevant paperwork to the EPA in early April and I received confirmation back that all was fine on the 17th April
Today I received another requirement to do the same test again as there were further complaints from my neighbour
Now the EPA wants me to travel to Wollongong to have the car tested at one of three testing centers
I find this really unnecessary as I have already complied to the EPA’s first request
I am asking what my options are as I have to pay $60 for another unnecessary test as well as the coat of travelling to Wollongong 200kilometres away at my own cost