NSW Employment Law - How Long Can Employer Suspend Me?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Shadow1

6 March 2017
I have been suspended from work for nearly 2 weeks on full pay with no reason. My letter doesn't even tell me why, except for recent events which were not conduct meetings, as nothing was ever finalised by my boss, which all started when I had my annual review. The 1st one in 6 years. I was honest, which did not work in my favour.

So how long can employers have me suspended under employment law? This is very stressful, can anyone help?

Also I was also told it was not about evidence - isn't everything about evidence?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Send an email to whoever suspended you or to HR asking for a return date or when they expect to finish their investigation. Do not call as you should start to keep a documented log of what is happening. Two weeks is a long time with no information and is starting to become unreasonable. The investigation may take a while, but they should at least advise you of this.

If they call you in for a 'talk', take a union rep or trusted sensible friend with you as a witness.