NSW Employment Law - Finding Original Agreement of Various Departments?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Deadendjob

3 February 2017
Hi - I am desperate!

I need a copy of the original agreement / various department agreement which was likely produced by the old Public Service Board of N.S.W.

I've seen other agreements such as departmental professional officer, Legal office etc but can't find a copy of the above. They were released as a circular by the PSB of N.S.W

The above is required as a long standing pay dispute as the above original document includes the wording for promotion clauses.

I'm at my wits end!

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au

Deadendjob

3 February 2017
I've just started doing this to a few government agencies - but I'm not sure who to FOI / GIPA? The Public Service Board of NSW is no longer?

My approach in this regard is throwing spaghetti at the wall!

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
I'm not familiar with NSW government departments.

I would start with the organisation that produced the document I linked: NSW Industrial Relations Commission.

I'd imagine all agreements need to be lodged with them. You should ask then 2 questions:

1. Please provide a copy of agreement Scientific Officers Various Departments Agreement No. 2433 of 1982 (with any other relevant details that will help them locate the document)

2. or if you do not have a copy of this agreement, where can I get a copy?

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
A summary is probably better :)

kimsland

6 February 2017
The above is required as a long standing pay dispute as the above original document includes the wording for promotion clauses.
You will not be able to use an outdated award or IR agreement or any other such Federal law that has been outdated.

Judges will only look at current agreements and possibly 'reference' others for information only, they have no effect on decisions whatsoever (and so they shouldn't).