NSW Employer Paid Cash-in-Hand Wages - Go to Fair Work Australia?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
21 December 2016
Hey guys,

I was exploited by my former employer in 2011 and 2012. I gave him my tfn a few times ,which I worked there. He constantly paid me a cash in hand wages and even with less rate. It was flat 10 an hour.

I don't have much proof against him, but the company I worked for, they made a card for me, and it was my name on that card with the company name alongside. Can I do something about it?

If I go to Fair Work Australia, can they sort out this old matter?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Your group certificate should have the declared income. If you did not declare all the income on your tax return are you sure you really want to go to court? It might well cost you more in tax than what you'd receive for underpayments.

If I was on the other side I'd be denying mush in the way of payments and demanding tax returns as proof of employment for those years.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Learn from the experience.

21 December 2016
i recently got my 72000 back from 7/11, with the help of fair work and the panel worked behind all the process. I totally agree with you whatever you are saying.

Right now, I am working on tax with super award wages. I just wanna teach the lesson to my all the former bosses.