VIC Employer not willing to pay compassionate leave

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Briancrainfan

15 April 2020
So, last year my grandfather passed away and my boss is refusing to pay me for compassionate leave. I did provide a funeral notice and death certificate but they still denied it because I did not accrue it.

What are my options? Also, they are refusing to pay me for my issues when I have had issues with my login details and IT issues as well.

Docupedia

7 October 2020
From the Fair Work website at Welcome to the Fair Work Ombudsman website:
- "All employees are entitled to 2 days compassionate leave each time an immediate family or household member dies or suffers a life threatening illness or injury". A grandparent is an immediate family member.
- "An employee does not accumulate compassionate leave and it doesn't come out of their sick and carer's leave (or annual leave) balance. It can be taken any time an employee needs it. If an employee is already on another type of leave (eg. annual leave) and needs to take compassionate leave, the employee can use compassionate leave instead of the other leave."
- "Full-time and part-time employees receive paid compassionate leave and casual employees receive unpaid compassionate leave."

For guidance on how to resolve your issue: Welcome to the Fair Work Ombudsman website (different link to the one above)

As for your 'login and IT issues' - you'll need to provide more details.

Briancrainfan

15 April 2020
From the Fair Work website at Welcome to the Fair Work Ombudsman website:
- "All employees are entitled to 2 days compassionate leave each time an immediate family or household member dies or suffers a life threatening illness or injury". A grandparent is an immediate family member.
- "An employee does not accumulate compassionate leave and it doesn't come out of their sick and carer's leave (or annual leave) balance. It can be taken any time an employee needs it. If an employee is already on another type of leave (eg. annual leave) and needs to take compassionate leave, the employee can use compassionate leave instead of the other leave."
- "Full-time and part-time employees receive paid compassionate leave and casual employees receive unpaid compassionate leave."

For guidance on how to resolve your issue: Welcome to the Fair Work Ombudsman website (different link to the one above)

As for your 'login and IT issues' - you'll need to provide more details.
Many thanks for that. What do you need? I have had issues with my vpn my details are monitored down to the seconds and I am also being micromanaged too.

Docupedia

7 October 2020
An outline of the issues, plus what they did and what reasoning you were given, for a start.