QLD Employer not fulfilling agreement. Who do i contact?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Kiralls

7 June 2017
Hi Lawanswears!
I've been screwed over and I'm not sure how to get out of this mess. Any advice would be more then welcome.

Basically I was working for a company in exchange to receive a certificate so that I could continue my diving career. Basically the deal was doing loads of work for little money with the promise of being given training throughout. I finished a couple of months ago and have yet to receive said paperwork, I have been in contact with them several times since I left but they keep giving me unsatisfying reasons as to why it has not happened yet.

We never wrote a contract (Lesson learned). I do have a big paper trail and messages confirming our agreement. I don't want anybody else to end up in this situation, as it is a lot of money and time.

TDLR: employer failed to meet agreement , no contract, who do I turn to?
Thank you!

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
A lawyer in the first instance.

Suspect a demand letter needs to be sent as the first step. Having a letter with a lawyer's letterhead often garners more attention than another email/txt from you.