VIC Employee Committed Fraud - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

jo2018

12 February 2018
- An employee (financial planner) forged another employee's (also financial planner) signature on SMSF establishment documentation.

- Same employee used a business credit card without approval to pay for the documentation to establish their own SMSF.

- Employee has advised another firm that they are the owner of my business (they are only an employee) and used their photo and credentials to be emailed to another businesses database offering services (as an employee of that business) which is against the employment contract & Authorised Representative agreement.

Points 1 & 2 were discovered on Thursday and they were fired on Friday. Point 3 was discovered today.

What do I do now? The SMSF is technically a fraud as the other employee was not a witness and does not want their name associated with the SMSF.

The business that represented my employee as theirs has emailed their client database - so I need to inform them - but not sure what to say?

Please help.