ELDER ABUSE FINANCIAL ABUSE OVER 55'S

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

phuocxx

31 December 2019
Hi All,

Before i go and find myself a lawyer i wanted to know if there is anything that can actually be done.
I am looking for some general advice prior to spending a mountain of money hiring a lawyer to help with this issue.

see below

1. My grandparents purchased a property in an over 55's retirement facility which comes with some pretty tight conditions around selling the property i believe they must pay a portion to the building owner if they sell the property TBC.

Issue number 1 was one the first day of the new building management take over moments after they new owners signed my grandmother tripped and broke her hip, from there on out the problems have just mounted. She was given a nurse whom convinced her she will never walk again the nurse then proceeded to steal money from her in excess of 50,000 aud over the period of 12 months as well as stealing any cash that was lying around the home. The police were involved and the money has been paid back but my problems is since the accident my grandmothers has been victim to all sorts of management and staff in the facility stealing from her conviving her she cant walk, not feeding her.
Had she been offered the correct rehab she would not be in such a fragile state.
The building management recently forced her to purchase a bed to the amount of 5000 which she does not need, they then proceeded to attend and put a financial management order in place without any consent from family i believe they may have asked my grandmother to sign something or had her deemed incapable.
There has been accusations thrown at my parents accusing them of taking money from my grandparents which has never happened and many other incidents that have occured.
so my questions is if what if anything can be done will i be ruined by the building managements lawyers on what grounds can i take them to court, i feel like the problem started from her braking her hip she is now so fragile and has been financially abused as well as emotionally., my grandfathers health has also suffered he wears a key to his medicine around his neck in fear someone will steal more medication or money from the safe.
any advice would be much appreciated.