QLD Effect of breaches on fcc proceedings

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Complex16

27 July 2016
Hi all,

Am just wondering in general what breaches of contact centre service agreements and protection orders is likely to have on parenting proceedings before the FCC?

If there have been say over 30 breaches of the protection order, but all relate to posting photos online when the orders say you can’t, and the contact centre says you can’t, are they going to carry much weight or be easily dismissed?

These breaches are in conjunction with copious independent evidence filed to show the other party’s inability to follow orders and a disregard and contempt for authority.

Thanks in advance.

sammy01

27 September 2015
posting photo's on-line is not going to be considered a serios breach.... So if it is a protection order? I'm assuming you mean an AVO or similar? It is the police who should be pursing the breaches, but they possibly wont bother as they wont see it as all that important... Lets face it nobody is going to die as a result

Complex16

27 July 2016
Thanks Sammy yes it’s a DVO. I have been advised the police are charging the other party over the breaches.

You’re right they’re not safety concerns per se, but a breach (multiple) nonethless.

sammy01

27 September 2015
ok - but did anyone get hurt? NOPE...
going to impact on parenting proceedings? nope....
Sorry you ain't gonna like the next bit... BUT maybe it is gonna save you heaps of $$ and stress... IF that is the best you've got to try and stop the other parent seeing their kid??? Remember I did say IF.... Then you're wasting your time, and money.

sammy01

27 September 2015
oops - one more thing... 'copious independent evidence'... look without explaining what you mean by that in more detail it kinda means nothing... Look you're not gonna like my opinions, but that is ok... You don't have to like them, but, you might not want to dismiss them... Just to help you understand my perspective... My ex took an avo against me... My ex claimed lots of breaches, as in off to the police station every other week... BUT none of the alleged breaches were ever turned into CONVICTIONS... and that means legally they didn't happen, they were just allegations, NOT PROVEN... Bit like 'independent evidence..."

Just to understand my perspective... I've been accused of domestic violence - accepted the AVO without admission... been accused been accused and been accused.... AND the kids now live with me 80% of the time... So I have seen first hand the result of one parent who tries to find every avenue to stop the kids seeing the other parent (not accusing you of doing the same) But like i said before, if all you have (IF) is that the other parent has posted some photos on facebook or what ever... Then I think you want to re-consider your approach to this stuff.