NSW Drug Evidence useful?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Mrsheslop

18 January 2016
My Brother in Law committed suicide 2months ago, he was heavily into drugs. I have his phone which has evidence of drug deals with his dealer and also video of drug use by people. Evidence of the organisation to buy meth, gas, mdma, cocaine and pot. If i was to take this to the police could they do anything to the people involved? I would like to think with evidence as clear as this some kind of charges or something could occur?

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi,
They might, but it would depend on what was actually on there and if they can identify people. At the very least they may be able connect people to help in prosecuting them. I think it would be worth handing over even if it doesn't help, at least you would have peace of mind to know you have done every thing you can.

Piers Blomfield

3 April 2016
Griffith
www.blomfieldlegal.com.au
It will probably form the basis of an Intelligence report rather than a charge. Phones with messages from other phones are simply that. How do the police prove who was the person typing the message beyond R D.