LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

WA Drivers Licence - Finding Out How Many Points are Left?

Discussion in 'Traffic Law Forum' started by Mad, 14 August 2016.

1. Mad

Mad Member

Hi,

If I have accrued 2 demerit points on my second stage of novice driving and I'm now on my full drivers licence, does this mean I now have 10 points left? I went to check online to see how many points I have left but it only tells you what points has been lost not how many are left.

Thanks

2. Victoria S

Victoria S Well-Known Member

I know there is a 12 demerit point limit in WA, but not sure how many you have when you graduate to full licence. I would assume its 12??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dave12319

Dave12319 Active Member

I would call the call whoever issued the license ( RMS or your state equivalent) or you can search their website and it should tell you how many points you have to start with on your particular license.

Also just a quick note when it comes to fines, I'd always try fighting it even if you have to go court. It shouldn't cost any extra as you have a human right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty and you have a right to defend any charge against you. I recently had Victorian police drop their case against me without even going to court.

A gps speed recorder in your car is excellent evidence against their revenue collecting

4. AlphaR1

AlphaR1 Active Member

You don't get your demerit points back when your class of licence changes, so you would still be minus the 2 demerit points you lost.