NSW Drink Driving - Mid Range 0.082

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Matt145

24 June 2017
Hi

So I've recently been charged with a drink driving offence, landing in the mid range of 0.082.
I am still awaiting my official court appearance date, but in the meantime I have appealed against the immediate suspension of my licence. For both court occasions I will not be able to afford a solicitor and will have to represent myself. From what I have read, there is the 'Section 10' available but they aren't given out lightly

I am extremely anxious about the whole ordeal and was looking for any advice that can be given regarding representing myself at court.
I have a pregnant wife, full time work and I have various different assessment appointments for my stepson that are a 5 hour drive away. Do you think this will be a good point for the judge to consider a punishment that does not involve a suspension of my licence?

Many thanks in advance

Matt

Matt145

24 June 2017
It might be worth mentioning that my wife is due to give birth during the 6 month ban that I would receive. Making it extremely hard to work around.

Like you said, it is worth a try

imanlore

24 June 2017
Hi

So I've recently been charged with a drink driving offence, landing in the mid range of 0.082.
I am still awaiting my official court appearance date, but in the meantime I have appealed against the immediate suspension of my licence. For both court occasions I will not be able to afford a solicitor and will have to represent myself. From what I have read, there is the 'Section 10' available but they aren't given out lightly

I am extremely anxious about the whole ordeal and was looking for any advice that can be given regarding representing myself at court.
I have a pregnant wife, full time work and I have various different assessment appointments for my stepson that are a 5 hour drive away. Do you think this will be a good point for the judge to consider a punishment that does not involve a suspension of my licence?

Many thanks in advance
Matt

Matt
Matt
i would send a letter to the man acting as a [prosecutor]
get his given name and ask him do you believe i do you wrong