VIC Drink Driving Criminal Conviction - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Ingred penta

13 April 2017
Hi,

In August 2012, I lost my drivers licence due to a suicide attempt of alcohol poisoning because my mum had died the year prior in my arms of massive heart attack and the guilt was overwhelming. I parked my car and just drank til I past out hoping to not wake. I didn't know that it was classified as drink driving if I was sitting in my drivers seat

I blew .308 and lost my drivers licence for 28 months I then had an interlock in for 2 years. Magistrate said 6 months but I kept it in voluntarily for two years and had no fails, even though last year in October my only child committed suicide at age 21, I still held it together although I was severely depressed and didn't know how to go on.

I went to court this year in Feb and had the interlock removed... 2 weeks later I found out I had to euthanise my poodle of 11 years...He was my everything and helped me through so much heartache... two weeks after interlock was out I was so stupid and got in my car drunk and I don't remember I hit a fence and bloods were .31

Please don't judge me but seriously my life is hell and I've lost everything I don't want a criminal conviction... I know I will lose my licence, police already suspended. I'm just so lost and have been through so much heartache and loss and I'm so frightened

I'm not a bad person, I'm hurting badly and don't want to go to jail. I feel like my life is over

Please any help would be appreciated

I'm ready to end it all...

Tony Danos

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
29 November 2016
Victoria
lawtap.com
Hi,

In August 2012, I lost my drivers licence due to a suicide attempt of alcohol poisoning because my mum had died the year prior in my arms of massive heart attack and the guilt was overwhelming. I parked my car and just drank til I past out hoping to not wake. I didn't know that it was classified as drink driving if I was sitting in my drivers seat

I blew .308 and lost my drivers licence for 28 months I then had an interlock in for 2 years. Magistrate said 6 months but I kept it in voluntarily for two years and had no fails, even though last year in October my only child committed suicide at age 21, I still held it together although I was severely depressed and didn't know how to go on.

I went to court this year in Feb and had the interlock removed... 2 weeks later I found out I had to euthanise my poodle of 11 years...He was my everything and helped me through so much heartache... two weeks after interlock was out I was so stupid and got in my car drunk and I don't remember I hit a fence and bloods were .31

Please don't judge me but seriously my life is hell and I've lost everything I don't want a criminal conviction... I know I will lose my licence, police already suspended. I'm just so lost and have been through so much heartache and loss and I'm so frightened

I'm not a bad person, I'm hurting badly and don't want to go to jail. I feel like my life is over

Please any help would be appreciated

I'm ready to end it all...
As long as you only have Road Safety Act charges then you will not have a Criminal conviction. Expect the possibility of Community Corrections Order. Call if you would like to discuss options.

Regards

Tony Danos

Lawyer
29 November 2016
Victoria
lawtap.com
I think it's just best I kill myself ... this world is too much.
I'm done
Thank you for your time
God bless
It's not that bad. Why đon't you call me to talk?

Reactions: Iamthelaw

Tony Danos

Lawyer
29 November 2016
Victoria
lawtap.com