QLD Domestic Violence Order - Applicant Has Not Served an Affidavit?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

MrKite

9 April 2019
I have had a Domestic Violence Order placed against me. It is going to court on the 1/7/19. The applicant has not provided/served an affidavit by the date given by the courts. Also, the applicant has planned to take a holiday on the court dates. Does the applicant have to be present and what should I do if I have not been served the affidavit?

There is also a family matter and interim parenting orders in place.

Migz

20 November 2016
First Question is this a Police Application or a Private Application?
Is this your first hearing since being served with the paperwork?
Or have you been to court already and plead not guilty, so the Judge has listed it for Trial?

MrKite

9 April 2019
First Question is this a Police Application or a Private Application?
Is this your first hearing since being served with the paperwork?
Or have you been to court already and plead not guilty, so the Judge has listed it for Trial?
Private application. I've attending the first mention and it will going to a hearing. I have received the aggreveds affividit on the due date. Having to self represent so any tips are welcome.

Migz

20 November 2016
Have you filed a response? Is the next court date the hearing or just another mention to make sure all the paperwork is in order, and to see if you wish to progress to a trial. My opinion with these bullsh!t protection orders is to take them all the way to trial, they have to produce the evidence. I especially love the Protection Orders placed on a parent after the relationship has ended...yet throughout the whole relationship there was no police envolvement, and even on the day of the protection order being given...you aren't even charged with anything.