NSW Dog Lease - Breeder Committed Document Fraud

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Julie Gaskin

9 February 2017
Hi,

Not sure if I am in the right spot, but I lease my dog to another breeder in NSW. However, after the document left my hands and they got them, they altered dates and took my name off the lease, changed the one only litter to two and submitted to Dogs NSW who said they take documents on good faith.

I pointed out also that the document had three different signatures on them, all supposedly by the same person.

These are legal documents but because of who she is, she seems to be untouchable. I can show you the documents but don't know how to insert them here.

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi Julie,

No one is untouchable. Get copies of the documents and speak with a Lawyer. They can help address the forged documents.

Julie Gaskin

9 February 2017
I have spoken to a lawyer , his reponse was whats your dog worth , because it will cost you 30 thousand dollars or more, which I don't have. The breeders invloved, are well known. The lady I leased and his daughter is one of the signatures on my lease.

They also have a registered trademark they use that doesn't exist. I can show you the signatures but cannot seem to be able to put them up here.

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi Julie,

Yes the process to have this sorted could be expensive, although $30,000 sounds a bit rich. Is you main concern with this that this breeder has swindled you out of 2 breeding's for the price of 1, or is the health of your dog.

I'm not an expert in this but I would have thought that a lease contract which goes through Dogs NSW while a binding contract needs to consider the best interest of the Animal. If your concern is health related you could seek veterinary support to this (in writing).

Be aware if you refuse the terms of the contract you may still end up in court, but if your defence is the well being of the animal you have a higher ground to stand on. Be prepared to give back any lease money as well. If you obtain Vet documents to support your concerns, I would send them to Dogs NSW to facilitate the breaking of the contract. I'm not sure if this would work, but it's all I can think of, short of that expensive legal battle.

Reactions: Julie Gaskin

Julie Gaskin

9 February 2017
Thank you. Dogs NSW was alerted to the document but they state the took the documents in good faith and just keep saying its a civil matter. They have defamed me on fb calling me a puppy farmer and a puppy murderer, a fag hag, just to name a few.

I have never posted anything in return. But nothing I can do to get fb to remove the posts