QLD Does my case has enough circumstantial evidence to prove guilt beyond doubt

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Ankit19933

25 September 2017
does my case has enough circumstantial evidence to prove guilt beyond doubt. If not what will be exact circumstantial evidence to get me charged or convicted in my case.

Can I be charged or convicted for theft of phone / pickpocketing if a person provides following information

1. His phone was there when he checked before leaving the store i.e When I was present at the store and when I left the store his phone was missing. When I went to the store next day he’s blaming me for pickpocketing / theft.

2. I was the only one standing next to him or at the store when this incident happened.
He is blaming me for pickpocketing as I could be the only possibility who could have done it as I was the one standing next to him at the store and when I left the store his phone was missing and which makes sense.

Are these two circumstantial statements enough to charge or convict.

I need a yes and no answer. These are the only two statements which I am being blamed upon.
I’m worried I haven’t done it.
Thank you in advance.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
I need a yes and no answer. These are the only two statements which I am being blamed upon.

1. Yes, but unlikely.
2. Most likely no.

Iamthelaw

13 September 2016
Can I be charged or convicted for theft of phone / pickpocketing if a person provides following information

1. His phone was there when he checked before leaving the store i.e When I was present at the store and when I left the store his phone was missing. When I went to the store next day he’s blaming me for pickpocketing / theft.

2. I was the only one standing next to him or at the store when this incident happened.
He is blaming me for pickpocketing as I could be the only possibility who could have done it as I was the one standing next to him at the store and when I left the store his phone was missing and which makes sense.

Are these two circumstantial statements enough to charge or convict.

1 - No.
2 - No.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Not even close.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Police have wide discretionary powers to charge people. It is likely a police prosecutor wouldn't allow it to proceed in this instance.