NSW Do We Need to Inform Centrelink of Change in Circumstances?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
D

Davo

My wife and I are both aged pensioners. My wife is not eligible for an aged pension for nearly 10 years until she meets length of residency requirements. (She will then be 77years old). Therefore she receives no Centrelink benefits. However, she has just become eligible for a small overseas part pension of approx. $25 a week.

1) Do I need to inform Centrelink of a change to my circumstances (if any), considering the small amount she receives?

2) Is she obliged to give Centrelink her banking details, bearing in mind she is not in the Centrelink system? (She only has a Centrelink number as a link to my Centrelink profile or vice versa).

D

Davo

You could always ring up and ask without giving your details.
Phone up? Homer, where do you live? I have taken 3 days of phoning and unable to get through. (On plenty of occasions) Take a look at Hank Jorgen's FB. it's nothing but complaint after complaint about the non-existent "service" of Centrelink.

I have been retired 10 years, and I can tell you, you will get nothing from Centrelink without giving personal details. They are a self serving monolith in my opinion.