VIC Do I have a chance to be able to get full custody of my children?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Misty briggs

25 March 2018
Hi im a mother of three children myself and my kids farther had both moved on in life but he seems to play games we had a toxic relationship abuse both fiscal and emotiofiscand drug use (dad) but everytime we would go owe seperate ways I'll always offer arrangements to be done sometimes they went good sometimes they went bad on and off for over 4yrs even at one point had a really good one going with his farther but that went bad when he my kids dad cheated on his current girlfriend with me I was told it was over this time tho I had offered arrangements to be done via a concent order this time so he can't pop in and out when he wants that's what would happen he would only want them when it suits him myself and his girlfriend are not on bad terms we both understand that we was both lies to but as this time came around to do a concent order we inbox half way through it then he blocks me and has his girlfriend tell me he gives up on his kids for many years I have put up with him coming in and out when he pleased while being bashed on the internet and via text by him and his family saying I don't let them in the kids lives even tho I always offered arrangements and I'm truly not lien I always offered arrangements for the kids sake is there by any chance I can get full custody of my children?? I truly feel I can't take this anymore and I no my children can't there heartbroken iv tried everything I can on my end to the point in developed depression and anxiety ..

Last edited:

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Have you tried seeking assistance from Vic legal aid? Or your local community legal centre?

I suspect you'll benefit from legal advice when face to face with a lawyer who can go through your story and work out what is achievable for you.

Misty briggs

25 March 2018
No I have not as of yet I'm just unsure if it's even worth the fight when I say on and off I mean moths at a time before he comes back in I'm completely drained..

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
If you wont even go and look up basic information for yourself what so you expect others to say to you?

Misty briggs

25 March 2018
I just have not called to speak to a lawyer because I'm not even sure if there is such thing as full custody this day and age okay

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Forum users, please learn to use punctuation and paragraphs before posting. You're more likely to get a helpful response if your post is readable.

Reactions: Samantha Jones