NSW Distribution of assets - executor conflict of interest?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Kafka7

11 May 2018
Sorry, getting error message. Can't post comment. Is there a problem copying and pasting from Word?

Last edited:

Kafka7

11 May 2018
Hi, can two (of three) joint executors of an estate "outvote" the third joint executor in order to act in a way which is, or might conceivably be, in the interests of one of them, but not all? The issue concerns whether a property which forms part of a deceased estate should be sold (my wish), or simply pass to the ownership of another executor and form the bulk of his share of the estate (his wish). Thanks.

Kafka7

11 May 2018
Sorry, just to clarify the preceding comment: the three executors (myself and the two others) are also beneficiaries. There are also two other beneficiaries - one an adult, one a minor - who are not executors, and who have not so far been a party to the discussions concerning sale of assets. I have read elsewhere that all beneficiaries would need to agree to the "non-sale" scenario mentioned above: is this the case?