QLD Disclosing Details of Consent Orders to Family Report Writer?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Kidspriorityalways

31 August 2015
Hi,

Can I disclose to the Family Report Writer details of any consent orders or settlement offers made to me by the other party if their lawyer has marked them "Without Prejudice"?

Thanks

Kidspriorityalways

31 August 2015
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can assist me with this enquiry.

I would like to tell the family report writer about the "without prejudice" settlement offer that was made to me concerning the care arrangements for the children.

Am I able to do this?

Thanks in advance.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
There's no reason why not, because they're unlikely to be able to use it in their report anyway, but I don't see what difference it would make to a family report writer...

Kidspriorityalways

31 August 2015
There's no reason why not, because they're unlikely to be able to use it in their report anyway, but I don't see what difference it would make to a family report writer...
Thanks Allforher.

The offer is a sort of "kids for cash" offer that was made i.e. if I pay x dollars I can have whatever care arrangements I want for the children and so I think it is important that the family report writer knows this.