VIC Discharge of Executor of Will and Trustee - Clarification?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

SteelLowmax

13 September 2016
"I declare that the receipt of the Chief Executive or Public Officer for the time being shall be a sufficient discharge to my Executors and Trustees who shall not be bound to see to the application thereof.”

What does this mean in laymen terms?

CathL

19 April 2014
Australia
What's the context? Is this in a Will or something written by the executor of a Will?

SteelLowmax

13 September 2016
What's the context? Is this in a Will or something written by the executor of a Will?

In a nutshell, an organization I am involved with were bequeathed a sum of money that must be held and the interest be used for a scholarship. The line states: "...and I declare that a periodical receipt of an authorised Officer for the time being...shall be sufficient discharge to my trustee who shall not be bound to see to the application thereof".

My question, is does this mean that we just have to supply a bank statement annually to the trustee to show what the money is doing and apart from that they have no involvement thereafter?