Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

VIC Directions Hearing Fast-Tracked - Approval from Authority?

Discussion in 'Employment Law Forum' started by john coles, 20 May 2016.

1. john coles

john coles Active Member

The First Directions Hearing was completed with Directions Orders given by the Court, The Respondent must provide the discovery by a certain date. The Respondent fail to do so. No mediation was offered and was fast-tracked into a hearing.

Shouldn't there be applications, paperwork trail for the case to be fast-tracked? And shouldn't there be an approval by authority?

2. Serge Gorval

Serge Gorval Well-Known Member
    LawTap Verified Lawyer

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. john coles

john coles Active Member

G'day Serge,

Federal Court. Cheers, mate.

Yeah, did have legal Rep, then when we were fast tracked, they tucked tail and ran (Sydney Firm trying to establish Melb). Was trying to get my head around the process of being fast tracked to Trial. What paperwork is required, if any, etc? Approval?

Cheers

4. Kiwigirl

Kiwigirl Well-Known Member

Hi I saw your post.. I'm having my first Directions Hearing soon. The other side prepared an amended Initiating Affidavit and I was meant to provide a Response to their amended Affidavit.
    My legal Rep said it's not necessary for this hearing so I'm not providing a Response.
    My question is, will that have any negative affect on my case? Or are Response Affidavits not compulsory at this stage?