VIC Directions Hearing Fast-Tracked - Approval from Authority?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

john coles

24 November 2015
Malvern
The First Directions Hearing was completed with Directions Orders given by the Court, The Respondent must provide the discovery by a certain date. The Respondent fail to do so. No mediation was offered and was fast-tracked into a hearing.

Shouldn't there be applications, paperwork trail for the case to be fast-tracked? And shouldn't there be an approval by authority?

Serge Gorval

LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
2 November 2015
Sydney
lawtap.com
I assume you're in the Federal Circuit court?

Non compliance with directions predominantly becomes a costs issue. Assuming that you're a self-represented litigant, there are no costs payable to lay litigants.

Have you thought about getting legal representation?

john coles

24 November 2015
Malvern
I assume you're in the Federal Circuit court?

Non compliance with directions predominantly becomes a costs issue. Assuming that you're a self-represented litigant, there are no costs payable to lay litigants.

Have you thought about getting legal representation?

G'day Serge,

Federal Court. Cheers, mate.

Yeah, did have legal Rep, then when we were fast tracked, they tucked tail and ran (Sydney Firm trying to establish Melb). Was trying to get my head around the process of being fast tracked to Trial. What paperwork is required, if any, etc? Approval?

Cheers

Kiwigirl

29 June 2017
Hi I saw your post.. I'm having my first Directions Hearing soon. The other side prepared an amended Initiating Affidavit and I was meant to provide a Response to their amended Affidavit.
My legal Rep said it's not necessary for this hearing so I'm not providing a Response.
My question is, will that have any negative affect on my case? Or are Response Affidavits not compulsory at this stage?