Defacto on separated wife's 457 long stay re relocation back to the U.K.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

finoallefine43

26 January 2017
Hi,

We are on a 457 long stay - sponsored by my wifes business and i am defacto on this, we separated a few months back and are currently involved in a family court battle for parenting orders and I feel it maybe easier given we aren't residents to return back to the u.k. to resolve these issues, but my ex wife doesn't want to return to the u.k. mainly as she has very little family/network there whereas i have the opposite - our children are 6 yr old twins...

any info is much appreciated - I am thinking of notifying immigration so that all four visa's are null and void and we all have to return - thoughts?

Glenn Pereira

LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
1 July 2017
I am thinking of notifying immigration so that all four visa's are null and void and we all have to return - thoughts?

Can you ?

This is a complex matter. See an Immigration Lawyer

Your wife is the main holder of a 457.

You should have asked this Question :

Can your wife write to the department and cancel your visa ?

finoallefine43

26 January 2017
I am thinking of notifying immigration so that all four visa's are null and void and we all have to return - thoughts?

Can you ?

This is a complex matter. See an Immigration Lawyer

Your wife is the main holder of a 457.

You should have asked this Question :

Can your wife write to the department and cancel your visa ?

She won't do that as she doesn't want to return to the U.K. she wants to remain here where she can surround herself with a new id and circle of friends - and there are children involved even as heartless as she has been she knows if she did that the children going forward would never forgive her - good advice I will speak to an immigration lawyer.

Glenn Pereira

LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
1 July 2017
She won't do that as she doesn't want to return to the U.K. she wants to remain here where she can surround herself with a new id and circle of friends - and there are children involved even as heartless as she has been she knows if she did that the children going forward would never forgive her - good advice I will speak to an immigration lawyer.

As she is the main applicant she can report that the marriage has broken and that she would like to cancel your visa.