VIC Decision affecting Interstate

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

rsjaus

25 June 2015
Hi,

Looking at possibly trying to get a court order due to visits interstate during holidays.

I was wondering if a Judge can make an order and it's binding interstate considering Family Law is federal?

sammy01

27 September 2015
I'm lost... What are you trying to do? Take the kids interstate for a few days? You don't need an order. Unless there is an order that states no interstte travel.

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
I'm lost... What are you trying to do? Take the kids interstate for a few days? You don't need an order. Unless there is an order that states no interstte travel.
THIS.. you really do not need an order for this. In reality you do not even have to let the ex know except out of politeness

Nonfiction

17 May 2018
Victoria
Hi,

Looking at possibly trying to get a court order due to visits interstate during holidays.

I was wondering if a Judge can make an order and it's binding interstate considering Family Law is federal?

Either what sammy said above, or alternatively, if what you are asking is...Can the Court make orders for a child to spend time during the school holidays with a parent who lives interstate? Then the answer is yes. Whether the Court would possibly make the orders is a different question that would require more information.

Last edited: