QLD Dealer Refusing to Pay Repairs for Lemon Car - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Arron Gould

11 August 2017
Hi,

I have recently bought a car and once I was driving it home, have found it overheating. Then I proceeded to get it looked at by a mechanic and have found out it has a blown head. I have contacted the dealer I bought the car off to inform them via phone and email. They are refusing to cover the cost of repairs and are refusing to refund my money.

Do I have a leg to stand on and take them to court for the cost of repairs? Please help. I have spent all I had trying to get a reliable car to get me to work only to get shat on by a wholesale dealer.

Is there anything I can do?

SleeplessInSalisbury

12 August 2017
Check with Consumer and Business Affairs in your state.

I live in SA and any car purchased which is $3000 and over and done less than 200k is covered under a statutory warranty for 3 months. A dealership is liable for a cracked head here but to act quick in case they try and say you did it after you drove it out of their dealership.

Arron Gould

11 August 2017
That is what they are trying to say yet I have a witness that was with me when I purchased the car and have contacted accc in Queensland and they have advised me to get all my information together and send the dealer an email with a date to have this problem resolved by then if nothing is done lodge a complaint with fair trading which I am in the process of doing I just hope this gets resolved out of court and if I have to go to court will my court fees be payed by them if they lose