VIC De fact:can I move back in hse

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rebecca di blasio

30 August 2018
My ex fiance of 5 yrs owned the family home but he helped me loose the home that was in my name by using the rent payments towards his pokies and drug addiction my son and I r now homeless living in my friend's car whilst my ex lives with his mum and rents his 3 houses out and earns $10 K a week not fair can I move back in until property settlement has been decided please help us we r desolate

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
First, if you have used your real name in your forum name, please change it. Family law matters require real names not to be published, and while nothing is happening at court for the moment, I suspect that's where you need to be.

You said the properties are rented out, where do want to move to?

How long ago did you separate? You should organise a property split through court asap to get yourself out of this mess.

Do you have evidence of his pokies addiction?

Rebecca di blasio

30 August 2018
First, if you have used your real name in your forum name, please change it. Family law matters require real names not to be published, and while nothing is happening at court for the moment, I suspect that's where you need to be.

You said the properties are rented out, where do want to move to?

How long ago did you separate? You should organise a property split through court asap to get yourself out of this mess.

Do you have evidence of his pokies addiction?

Rebecca di blasio

30 August 2018
Thanks Rod
I so need advice and help
I won't to move back into the family home but his mum rented it out and we homeless he lives for free with mum and collects 2 house rentals a holiday house rental and 10 K a week for wage and we got to loose my hse I built on my own yes he used my bank card and his buisness and personal accounts cards at all pokies

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
Go to your closest Community Legal Centre asap for assistance. They'll not only help with legal issues, but hopefully also put you in contact with other support networks.

Reactions: Rebecca di blasio

Rebecca di blasio

30 August 2018
Thanks for ur time and effort in getting back to me I have been to my local community law centre but that was when my son and I had a place to stay but now we are homeless and it's sad we have to suffer because of someone's addictions yet his now got mulitble homes and a large weekly wage own buisness his Family support..I'm just wondering can I take this matter thru family law crt before filing for property settlement if so will it take long and what do I do have u and resources about how to do this asap. Also I will be not able to afford a lawyer so I'm representing myself so I'm doing heaps of research have u any suggestions or web pages anything to help us ta

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
What general location in Vic did you live? PS: I do not want an exact suburb/town. Something like a council area is OK.

Why can't you go back to the Community Law Centre? Is it because this it is a property matter?

Rebecca di blasio

30 August 2018
Hi thanks again for ur help as I'm desperate to get a roof over our heads and it's city of Casey in Melbourne..
I do remember asking her at legal aid and she was like U don't need the memory's
But yes it was a community legal place

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
See if these people can help with your accommodation, contact:

WAYSS Limited
Homeless Access Point

WAYSS assists individuals who are homeless or at risk of homelessness to improve their life circumstances by providing access to stable, affordable and safe accommodation. Regions serviced are Frankston, Dandenong, Cranbourne, Berwick & Pakenham.
Phone: 9791 6111

or

Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre for women and children:

• Phone: 1800 015 188 (free call) or (03) 9322 3555
  • Hours: 24 hours

Once you have accommodation sorted, post back, and we can start to look at what to do for child support/property split.