NSW Cro 9 1b no conviction

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Poon

26 December 2020
What does a cro section 9 1b mean with no conviction mean? For 12 months.
I am coming out of a psychological n verbal abuse n emotional based abuse domestic violence relationship.
I am looking at restarting my life and looking for employment
When the question asks for employment purposes
Do u have any criminal convictions? What do I say yes or no
I asked a police sergent at court who had no idea. I had to represent myself as only had legal advice from community legal aide center. Legal aide could not help because of partners higher means. I could not afford a criminal lawyer either.
Thanks everyone. A sincere suggestion will reduce my frustration n anxieties.

Atticus

6 February 2019
What does a cro section 9 1b mean with no conviction mean?
NSW? .... Conditional release order pursuant to S9 of the sentencing act .... Usually granted on the condition that you enter into supervision... There may also be other conditions in the order. More info at link below

Conditional release orders (CROs)

When the question asks for employment purposes
Do u have any criminal convictions? What do I say yes or no
If the S9 was made 'with no conviction rerecorded' then you can say no, that is, in regard to this matter anyway... Obviouosly if you have any convictions for any other matter, you can't legitimately say no.

Poon

26 December 2020
I have no other convictions. Never had a traffic offence or a ticket ever. The other conditions r - just not commit another offence and come to court when asked to do so.

Poon

26 December 2020
Does it also mean that it appears in police check records??? So confusing

sammy01

27 September 2015
Sounds like a section 9 bond. Found guilty but with no conviction. So won't appear on any criminal history checks.

Might appear if you applied for a job inside the nsw police or federal police. But only might.... As far as working with childrren checks etc stress less. Nothing to worry about