NSW Criminal Law - Possible to Find Someone Else's Section 9 Bond?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Edited

14 June 2015
How would I find out the conditions and reporting requirements for someone else's Section 9 Bond? Is this possible under criminal law?

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
What exactly do you want to know?

Edited

14 June 2015
Really I'd like to know as much as possible. I know that the person involved was in breach of their reporting obligations and received a fine for this, as it was reported in the newspaper. The article also made mention of a suspended prison sentence and a good behaviour bond.

I know the section 9 bond was for a three year period, however that is all I know about it. I also know that it was incurred for a conviction of sexual intercourse with a minor.

Is a section 9 bond the same thing as a good behaviour bond? Is it substituting for a prison sentence? Is this something the person involved should disclose to employers?

The person involved is also involved in a different case now, in a different area. Would any conviction affect either his section 9 bond or the good behaviour bond, and in what way?

Tim W

Lawyer
28 April 2014
Sydney

Edited

14 June 2015
Thanks for that Tim W. So in short, this person should be on their best behaviour for fear of harsher penalties being imposed for the previous conviction. Thanks for your help. I'm guessing only the person themselves would have access to the decisions made by the court?

Tim W

Lawyer
28 April 2014
Sydney
There are variables.
Ring the Registry and ask.
They probably won't tell you over the phone.

Tim W

Lawyer
28 April 2014
Sydney
Each court has an administrative office called a "Registry".