VIC Criminal Damage and Assault Charges - Help?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
2 August 2017
Me and my husband been married 2 years now. In some stage we have arguments and he is always treating me about my visa and abusing me, but I didn't report to the police this problem that we had until one night we again had a massive argument. He smoke a lot and drank and I work 2 jobs while he is doing nothing at home.

I'm so stressed with all the bills I'm paying, including the grocery and his drinks and smoke. And he is taking all my money in my bank since we agreed to have access to each of our bank accounts. One night, we had an argument about smoke. I crumpled and threw it in the bin and he got angry and squeezed my arm. I straight away rang the police. I saw it and I grabbed his phone. It was already broken months ago.

I stopping him to ring the police. I don't want trouble but he pushed me to the couch and twisted my arm and he rang the police. They charge me with domestic violence, criminal damage and assault. I got an intervention order to not stay at home for 1 week until I seen him in court and the magistrate said there's no place in the order.

My hearing is on Aug.22 for domestic violence and another hearing on Aug.30 for assault and criminal damage.

Please, I need help. I applied for a diversion application and the police agreed. Is it gonna affect my Permanent Residency application?