Creditcorp chasing me for a debt

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

asheshh

6 November 2018
Hi,
I had $10000 credit card from CBA from 2010. I was late on monthly payment for 2 months. Bank suspended my card. I went to bank and talked with the staff from CBA. At that time the amount on my C.C was $12500. But the staff from CBA told me that my C.C has been suspended and i cant use. SO he advised me to bring it down to $10000. Then i started paying it. I brought it down to $10000. I went to bank again and they simply told me that my card has been cancelled and have to pay full amount now. I was so upset. Then i stopped paying it for a while.
Soon Credit corp started calling me to pay the amount asap. Then I went on payment arrangement every month. I paid them almost a year but one month the payment date was on saturday and i know i did paid them but by the time the payment was process it was monday. And they said i breached my payment agreement. Thus i have to pay them in full now. They hassled me for so many months. I stopped paying them since DEC 2012. Currently i asked for a credit report from equifax and i see in the other Access list the first list was made on NOV 2013. Now the amount is $28000 on Nov 2018. I dont know what to do now. I am currently umeployed. I am a family person.
My credit score is 360 now. I am just wondering will my default get deleted anytime soon . PLease i need ur advise .Can anyone help .

DMLegal

28 May 2018
Firstly, while it is easier said than done, don't panic, all this can be fixed. First things first, have you made any payments since December 2012? What State are you in? It may be that the debt is (or almost) 'statute barred' meaning they cannot chase it anymore; the period changes from State to State. Essentially if you have not: (1) made any payments, (2) admitted you owe the amount with the limitation period, you might be in the clear. However, with a credit score of 360 are you sure they haven't defaulted you already? With all due respect that is quite low and usually indicates rather negative information on a credit report.

asheshh

6 November 2018
Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
I live in Sydney.the last time when I had a chat it was around beginning of 2012.at that point I clearly told them that I didnt breach any agreement but u guys cancelled my payment agreement. In fact I am not in the condition to pay huge amount. They told me that they will report it as serious credit infringement.I told them if thats the case let's meet at the court.I have a proof that I was paying u guys right on time but since it was Saturday.thats not my fault,isn't it. Since then I didnt get any legal orders yet..just I'm getting is heaps of emails and calls.I'm not sure if they have defaulted me already. As I seen on my credit report from Equifax there were few enquiries listed and in the other access list the first entry was recorded on Nov 2013 as creditcorp recoveries. But I can see they have been accessing my credit file every year.in fact couple of times a year.what might be the situation that I'm unaware of because even the credit report is also no that clear to me.