QLD council libility

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

flea 20

13 October 2021
i remember a while back it was talked about making council members and council staff being made personally libel for their actions rather than just sueing the council , was this ever been made into law , having a dispute over the access maintaince to my property ......the car access was blocked off in the 1950s when the council took away the hill in front of my land (which is in the township ) leaving a high embankment . up untill 1985 car access was by a track on the next doors property along our common boundry ...in 1985 the track area was resumed by the council as a rd reserve and for rd purposes , it is roughly 35mts long by 4 mts wide , in 1985 after being resumed earthworks was done by the council and then tar sealed by the council ,since owning the property in early 2000 it has twice been sweeped and pot holes fixed by the council , pot holes have now again developed and the whole lot really needs resurfacing , as i and friends ride rd legal and registed m/cycles it is now getting dangerous as its also on a steep slope ,the council road repair officer says that its a cross over and my responsability for maintainence and wont budge ,i say due to its length its a unnamed rd, the councilor member for my area will only repeat what the staff officer has said and wont over rule him ... if any accident does happen due to the state of the rd can they indervigually be sued rather than just the council ... any suggestions as to my next steps to getting this resolved ...was looking at taking this to the ombudsmen ...the council workers wont reply to my emails at all but as the ombudsmen requires interaction with both the person having trouble with and their boss to show have tried to resolved the prob first i think thats why hes (both)are not replying... the council member should count aa his bossthough